1) Select a backpack
- New or very gently used only. No monograms, rips, dirt, stains, or broken pieces.
2) Fill it with school supplies and gifts (Choose age-neutral designs and items so that any child age 5-15 may enjoy them)
Select 5-10 small school supply items. Pencils, pens, erasers, scissors, folders, calculator, ruler, glue stick, markers, chalk, etc.
NO PAPER (notebooks, journals, folders, etc.) Paper products are too heavy to ship. We will provide the partner organization with funds to buy paper for the kids.
Toys and gifts: Pick 1-2 small and lightweight items for each bag, such as a stuffed toy, ball, jump rope, doll, car, etc. (No guns, no glass)
3) Include a Hope Note: A note of encouragement for the recipient child. Consider including a photo of who packed the bag.
4) Include $10 for international shipping.
5) Don’t over-pack. Although each bag will be different, we want there to be some level of consistency among the contents, so that each child gets a wonderful gift. Instead of over-packing 1, pack 2 bags.